Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bon Kai and the Battle Khlong Toey

A hot spot has developed about a mile from my house at the Khlong Toey market. Incidentally, for those who have heard my jogging story from Thursday night, this was exactly the neighborhood I ran through in order to get away from the panicky mob at Thai Belgian Bridge. All day I've been able to hear gunfire and see smoke rising from this area. When we drove by today on our way home from Hua Hin, a large crowd was watching from an overpass. I'll try and post some of the pictures I took later ...

In the meantime, footage of the scene from good old Al Jazeera to tide you over:




Apparently the Red Shirts have set up a stage there also. And here is a photo of the crowd with a woman holding a baby in the front row ... words fail me.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

No comments:

Post a Comment