Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting outta Dodge

So tomorrow I've asked for a school van to pick up me and Duri to take us both up to Nonthaburi. While things are not affecting me directly right now, my Soi is now the edge of the new perimeter and the hot zones of Wireless Rd. and Bon Kai are a bit close for comfort. Also, traveling to school past Victory Monument (and God knows where else they will be fighting tomorrow and the next day) is not terribly appealing.

So for safety's sake, to have a chance to go outside in the fresh air and to better focus on my last few weeks of work, I'm moving temporarily to Nichada Thani until things settle down a bit. The situation shows no sign of getting better in the next few days, so am trying to prepare mentally for a long absence.

It's very hard to leave behind friends who live nearby, including a few who feel they are in real danger and cannot leave their buildings. Be safe everyone and keep on top of the situation! Keep the emergency information for your embassies/employers handy and have a Plan B you can execute before things get too dicey!

No comments:

Post a Comment