Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RIP Central World (and Paragon)



Dear CentralWorld,

I don't normally like malls, but you were always there for me when I had to run in fast to buy a b-day present or fix my sh*tty i-Pod that always croaks.

I'll always remember the time I was waiting at Burger King in your basement, eating the fries off my tray ... and they were someone else's fries.

You gave me everything I needed to climb Kilimanjaro.

When I last saw you, I was going to pay my phone bill (though found out later it was stupid landlord that didn't pay phone bill, actually). I got off the BTS (the one they just blew up) and there were Red Shirts for as far as the eye can see. We didn't take them seriously back then, so I was kind of surprised to find them there. Anyway, you were chained shut, so we never got to party again.

I bought a clacker and some arm bands from those smiling country dumbasses that were hanging out in front of you. It all seemed so harmless. I just wanted souvenirs. Sorry CentralWorld, if I'd known they were gonna burn you down, I would have shoved that clacker up someone's arse and clacked it until their teeth fell out.

It's really sad to see, CW. Since being sad for all the people who died, were hurt, lost their jobs, lost their livelihood, are still in harm's way is far too devastating to even entertain, I think I will just focus on you. I took you for granted. Now I will never see you again, even if they rebuild you, cause I'm leaving.

RIP CW.

Love me.

And Paragon. I never liked you as much cause you are so snooty, and you're floors are marked wrong. But I will miss you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment