Friday, May 14, 2010

It's Come To This ....



The photo above is of a sandbag bunker I came upon while jogging on Thursday night, just as the fighting started. Gunshots could be clearly heard in the direction of Red City -- I headed home to find out (on Twitter first of course) that Seh Daeng, one of the leaders had been shot

I had called Lynn to maybe stay with her in Thonburi if things got bad, but she ended up stopping by our other friend Andrew's house in Ploenchit/Wireless and is now stuck there ... doh! So they are just holed up in the apartment, waiting for things to calm down ... wonder how long the wait will be?

As for me, I'm writing from Hua Hin where we came right after school yesterday ... so strange to be on a beautiful white sand beach watching Bangkok implode on my laptop. There are three of us here who are from downtown, including one who lives right in the Red City, and frankly, we are all anxious to get back. Weird how hard it is to force yourself to leave home in an emergency ... I understand better now while people stayed for Hurricane Katrina and similar tragedies.

A few amazing (and rather graphic photos) ... WARNING: BLOOD


1 comment:

  1. Just wow - stay away from BKK. Better to watch it explode on your laptop. - Michael.

    ReplyDelete